Greetings,

My 2.3.2 app has 2 components.  It serves a browser-based client, and
it serves a web service client.  Each client has its own set of
controllers to separate authentication / authorization cleanly and
clearly.  The web service client sends gets, posts, and puts, some
with xml bodies, and the app responds with status / location and xml
bodies where appropriate.  I'm in the beginning stages of moving the
app to Rails 3.  One thing I'd like to accomplish is to reduce the
start-up overhead associated with the web service requests if
possible.  I really don't need / use the erb functionality in
constructing the responses, for example.  The thing I don't have my
arms around at this point is how to get the controller and model
'stuff' loaded without the bulk of the view 'stuff'.'  Anybody got any
experience / insight to share.  I don't seem to have my google fu in
order.

Thanks,
Bill