On Jul 23, 11:50 pm, Ezequiel Schwartzman <li...@ruby-forum.com>
wrote:
> Hello, I'm really new to the Ruby and RoR world, so first of all, hi to
> all ^^
>
> Now to the issue explained from the beginning:
> I had already installed a MySQL server (xampp)
> I installed Ruby from RubyInstaller.
> I installed rails from gem.
> I installed the DevKit manually.
> I installed a MySQL server to copy the libraries and headers to the
> XAMPP MySQL installation.
> I created a new Rails project with a MySQL server as default.
> I tried to start the Rails server and it says "Could not find gem
> 'mysql2 (~> 0.2.6, runtime)' in any of the gem sources listed in your
> Gemfile"
> I tried a "bundle install" and failed to find MySQL headers to compile.
> I succefully installed the mysql2 gem that rails asked for specifying
> the MySQL libraries and headers paths.
> Rails keeps saying that I need the version 0.2.6 or higher of mysql2
> I tried adding -v 0.2.6 to the end of the gem install command while
> installing mysql2, but it ignored it.

By at the end do you mean you did gem install mysql2 -- various build
options -v 0.2.6  ?

if so then that version option is getting passed to the extension
building script, not to gem install. You want gem install mysql2 -v
0.2.6 -- various built options.

By the way, ~>0.2.6 means 0.2.x, with x >= 6 so its normal that if you
only have 0.3.6 things don't work (the 0.3 series of mysql2 require
rails 3.1)

Fred