On Jul 23, 6:40 pm, Conrad Taylor <conra...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi, this seems like a good idea but after you create your first application,
> any additional install will just require step (6).  Furthermore, I tend to
> use Gemfile
> over gemsets to manage the gems of a Rails project.

If you're using bundler's built in handling of this, yes the 8 steps
go down to 2 (sudo gem install bundler; bundle install). I think the
gemset approach is actually a better approach to what bundler does.

(No, I'm not really sure I can justify this, beyond "You might have
some gems you don't put in the Gemfile for whatever reason, that you
want to be isolated from your system gems")

Hope this helps,
_Ryan Wilcox