On Aug 6, 9:07 am, MC <amev...@gmail.com> wrote:
> First crack at an app. I have a friend with a private school that I'm
> trying to create a scheduling system for.
>
> So I have Coordinators creating school courses. Once the course is
> created the coordinator can assign multiple instructors, and then
> assign students to the course and instructor. So is this right?

Are you even going to need to have students that belong to multiple
instructors? Are you going to want to know what course the student is
taking ? From the associations you've given you don't seem to be
storing that bit of information, the best you could work out is that
given their instructor there are only certain courses they could be
doing.

> Then the other thing I want to do is set a date and time for each
> course. So would I create this also:
>
> class CourseDate
>   belongs_to :course
> end
>
> class CourseTime
>   belongs_to :coursedate
> end

Without a full understanding of your problem (perhaps you are managing
repeating occurrences of courses etc.) this feels a little overkill to
be honest. would date/time columns on your courses table not suffice?

Fred