On Aug 9, 2011, at 2:09 PM, Rahul wrote:

Hi,

         Consider this scenario, I have a table which stores the
"likes" and it would stores the likes from all sorts of tables like
blogs,comments, postings, reviews, etc. So the table has the following
columns(id, like_id and type) where like_id is the id from any of the
previous mentioned tables and type would be single char column to
identify the foreign key table(B for blog, C for comments and so on).
How am i supposed to create the relation between like table and the
other tables?

Have a look at any of the polymorphic tagging libraries out there for an architectural model. The last time I did this, I used mbleigh-acts- as-taggable-on (Rails 2.3). But there were lots of other examples out there in that vein.

Walter