On 14 August 2011 05:56, Rahul <raikra...@gmail.com> wrote:
> # To change this template, choose Tools | Templates
> # and open the template in the editor.
>
> puts "Hello World"
> def squareroot(a)
>   u=a
>   l=0
>   while (l<=u)
>     m = l + (u-1)/2
>     if (m**2) < a
>         l = m + 1
>     elsif (m**2) > a
>       u = m-1
>     elsif
>       m**2 == a
>       return m
>     else
>       return l-1
>

>     end
>   end
> end
> x = squareroot(55)
> print x

I guess it is never coming out of your while loop.  Have a look at the
Rails Guide on debugging to find out how to break into code using
ruby_debug and see what is going on.  Also you could try putting some
write statements in the function to see what is happening.

Hint: It may not help but what happens if you try squareroot(55.0)?
If that helps make sure you understand why (using debug or print
statements).

Colin