Hi,

    I think the best will be to set the os scheduler to launch a ruby script every hour to execute the task. I try to use delayed_jobs only when a user launches / start a process that is too big / too long and will affect the user experience.

    Good luck!

El 16/08/2011 8:12, Jim Ruther Nill escribió:

On Tue, Aug 16, 2011 at 9:42 AM, 7stud -- <li...@ruby-forum.com> wrote:
Jim ruther Nill wrote in post #1016826:
> Everytime the page loads

The user could have the page open for two hours.  What then?

After the js fires, set that same script to run after 1 hour.