John Merlino wrote in post #1019442:
> Hey all,
>
> Rails guide doesnt cover with_options in Rails 3:
>
> http://guides.rubyonrails.org/routing.html
>
> The book The Rails 3 Way makes no reference to with_options except for
> one page briefly.

The docs say with_options is still part of rails 3.0.9:

http://apidock.com/rails/Object/with_options

...but like a lot of rails stuff that method probably just serves to
obfuscate your code--even though it's terser.

> And I cannot find a decent tutorial to cover what I am trying to do.
>
> I have this:
>
> map.with_options

Whoa.  In rails 3, you write routes in a block that looks like this:

  TestApp::Application.routes.draw do

not like rails 2:

  ActionController::Routing::Routes.draw do |map|

    map.do_something

  end

If you write this:

  TestApp::Application.routes.draw do

    map.foo.bar

  end

...then ruby doesn't know what map is.

> :name_prefix => "dashboard_", :path_prefix =>
>"dashboard", :controller => "dashboard" do |dashboard|
>     dashboard.sidebar ".:format"
>     dashboard.charts ".:format"
>     dashboard.action_items ".:format"
>     dashboard.performance ".:format"
>     dashboard.site_menu ".:format"
>     dashboard.quick_links ".:format"
>     dashboard.perf_randomizations ".:format"
>   end
>
> Basically all of these methods "sidebar", "charts", etc are all methods
> of the dashboard controller. I want them all to have a path helper of
> dashboard_#{action}_url, where action is the action (e.g.
> dashboard_sidebar_url). I want them all to be able to respond to both
> html format and json. However, I dont know how to do this in Rails 3.

See if this works:

match 'some/url' => "dashboard#sidebar", :as => "dashboard_sidebar"
match 'another/url' => "dashboard#charts", :as => "dashboard_charts"