Hi guys,

We have developed POS software, in Rails 3.0 that is to run on tablet and
touch screen PC's.

The main menu interface is using jQuery, and all of the buttons on the
screen are simply divs that respond to onclick events.

The interface is not as fast as a native application would be as we are
restricted to response time by the browser itself (we are currently using
firefox).

We have overcome the delay on the ipad using the script and guidelines here:
http://cubiq.org/remove-onclick-delay-on-webkit-for-iphone

I have refactored a lot of the javascript to make it run faster (taking into
account guidelines from here:
http://blogs.msdn.com/b/ie/archive/2006/08/28/728654.aspx)

Is there anything else we can do to make the interface a bit more snappy?

I am looking into using Palemoon (http://www.palemoon.org/) also, but I
still don't think that we will match up to the response time of native apps.

Anyone got any advice?

thanks,

Lee