On Fri, Sep 2, 2011 at 10:24 AM, Ilya Boltnev <roadtounive...@gmail.com> wrote:

> i installed:  ruby 1.9.2, rails 3.1, oracle 10g XE, rubu-oci8 2.0.6,
> gem 'activerecord-oracle_enhanced-adapter', create database user named
> 'orak' with password 'orakpass' through 127.0.0.1:8080/apex, i maked
> new application 'orak' with database.yml parameters

> ORA-12514: TNS:listener does not currently know of service requested
> in connect descriptor
> Tasks: TOP => db:create

The full trace would probably be useful, and -- disclaimer: I haven't
done anything with Rails 3.1 yet *at all* -- but try something like e.g.

> development:
>  database: 127.0.0.1/orak

    database: oracle:thin:@127.0.0.1:8080:xe

just for grins and see what that produces.

--
Hassan Schroeder ------------------------ hassan.schroe...@gmail.com
http://about.me/hassanschroeder