On 22 September 2011 02:21, Justin D. <li...@ruby-forum.com> wrote:

Please don't top post, it makes it difficult to follow the thread.
Insert your reply at appropriate points in the previous post.  Thanks.

> Well... I've read some tutorials and basically, what I had to do was to
> create a database with the command scaffold. I had to choose :references
> as the type of one of my table entry... But the thing is I can't figure
> which entry to reference to...

I think the confusion here is that you have said that you have two
databases.  I suspect that you mean two tables in one database.  Is
that correct?

I suggest that you have a look at the Rails Guides, starting with
Getting Started, then ActiveRecord Associations, Routing, and
Debugging.  I mean a good work through, do not just skim over then.
Then (or in parallel) work through some tutorials.  railstutorial.org
is good and free to use online.  Make sure that you have Rails 3
installed and any tutorial you use is for that version of rails.

Colin

--
gplus.to/clanlaw