On Oct 19, 4:16 pm, genterminl <ostrof...@users.sourceforge.net>
wrote:
> The whole point is I have lots of tables with lots of columns, and I don't
> want to have to do all that typing.  The magic_model_generator creates all
> the model files, and it can obviously see all the columns in the database,
> I'm just surprised that nobody has extended it or created something else to
> automatically fill in the view files.  (And I do use the --skip-migration
> option as suggested in the other response.)

I looked for this same answer a while back and determined it was silly
to do such - mainly because the only way around it IS to build
everything by hand.

rails g scaffold TableName --skip-migration field:string field2:string
field3:string field4:boolean

That's going to be the only way around it.  And you may have to
explicitly define the table name if it doesn't match rails naming
structures.  Any way you spin it, you're going to have to redesign
forms for the data anyway.

Check into the formtastic gem - it might aid you in building forms
from scratch.  I believe there's a Railscast on it as well.