if you enter "heroku logs" you can often get more info on what's going
on for the heroku errors... that usually helps a lot.

Heroku will not work with sqlite.. i found that postresql worked great
once i got the gemfile set up properly...  Here is what i'm using... i
hope this helps:

source 'http://rubygems.org'

gem 'rails', '~>3.1.0'

group :development do
  gem 'sqlite3', '1.3.4'
  gem 'rspec-rails', '2.6.1'
  gem 'annotate', :git => 'git://github.com/ctran/annotate_models.git'
  gem 'faker', '0.3.1'
end

gem 'therubyracer'
gem 'execjs'