I do not know if this can help you , but i do experence this kind of things few
days ago.

The rails process create the record and return the id for you, notice the db
not commit actually at this monument, then spawn/fork the worker process, the
worker found the record not exist in DB.

If you experence the same problem, i recommend you there is a plugin/gem that
include
after_commit callback, and make the async work after the db commit.

--
kevin