On Nov 6, 2:40 pm, Rob on the Rails <r...@entelecheia.com> wrote:
> no such file to load -- openssl (LoadError)
>  - Deperate for solution after 3 days
>
> Does anybody have an answer, or ever some explanation of the “no such
> file to load – openssl”?
>
> I have been trying to get RoR working on Ubuntu 10.10 for 3 days now
> and keep hitting the same problem.

It means that the ruby bindings for OpenSSL aren't present (or more
rarely they are present but there is an issue with the OpenSSL library
itself).
How you fix it depends on how you've installed ruby, but usually
involves having the development headers for OpenSSL installed before
you install ruby itself, or if using the ruby that is supplied by the
OS, installing a package which has the ruby OpenSSL bindings

Fred