On 7 November 2011 09:28, Tommy Pollak <tpol...@algonet.se> wrote:
> Sorry, but I can not remember how I installed rubygems. I certainly
> tried with the Ubuntu (10.10) packages first.
>
> $ apt-cache policy rubygems
> rubygems:
>  Installed: 1.7.2-1
>  Candidate: 1.7.2-1

So you installed it from the Ubuntu repository.  When you upgraded
ubuntu it probably upgraded rubygems to one that is not compatible
with your version of Rails, as documented in the link I posted.
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/5176782/uninitialized-constant-activesupportdependenciesmutex-nameerror
You could uninstall rubygems and then re-install an appropriate
version manually.  I don't know whether you would have to re-install
ruby in rvm.  Alternatively I believe that if you change to ruby 1.9
then it includes rubygems.  Or you can just stick with what you have
done if it is working for you.

Colin

--
gplus.to/clanlaw