On Nov 7, 9:27 pm, byrnejb <byrn...@harte-lyne.ca> wrote:
> I found my problem is a library I wrote to turn off mass assignment .
> In it I am calling this:
>
>   # override AR method
>   def mass_assignment_authorizer
>     if accessible == :all
>       self.class.protected_attributes
>     else
>       super + ( accessible || [] )
>     end
>   end
>
> Mass_assignment_authorizer has a different signature in Rails 3.1 thus
> the problem.  By my way of thinking the signature change means that we
> should be talking of Rails-4.0.1 instead of Rails-3.1.1. But, then
> again, given what has happened to Firefox perhaps not.

You can't expect every single internal rails method not to change
between rails versions (although public methods should certainly not
change signature like that).
One of the things 3.0 was supposed to bring was greater clarity about
what bits of the internals could be depended upon in this manner and
which couldn't. Part of that involved breaking up action controller
into more reusable components, but I'm not sure where things got to
with active record.

Fred