Check that you have gcc installed.

This error comes up if it is not installed, because of the method they
use to check the existence of sqlite3.h: They simply try to compile this
one-line program:

#include <sqlite3.h>

If the compilation fails, they tell you that sqlite3.h is missing, but
the compilation will also fail if gcc is not present. It's not a very
smart check...