On Sun, Dec 11, 2011 at 11:27 PM, Craig White <craigwh...@azapple.com>wrote:

> On Sun, 2011-12-11 at 19:59 -0400, gato pardo wrote:
> > Hi everyone:
> >
>   The application works
> > fine as long as It is tried in development environment.
> >
> >  As soon as the production environment is used the following messages
> > are captured: "we're sorry, but something went wrong."  in the
> > browser. And
> >
> > Started GET "/album/" for 200.88.224.30 at Sun Dec 11 19:28:07 -0400
> > 2011
> > PGError (FATAL:  Peer authentication failed for user "postgres" ):
> >   in the log/production.log file
> >
> > Any help would be very much  appreciated .
> ----
> I would not recommend that user 'postgres' is the user of any postgresql
> database from within rails but that is not an answer to your question but
> only a suggestion.
>
> If you check your RAILS_ROOT/config/database.yml file, you should have a
> section at least for 'development', 'test' and 'production'
>
> You don't say what is different from each configuration (obviously only
> the development & production configurations are relevant to your question)
> and you don't tell us if the the server is the same for both development
> and production.
>
> If I was going to guess, I would think that your development section uses
> a 'socket' to connect (something like /var/lib/mysql/mysqld.sock) and in
> production, you don't use a socket so it tries to use TCP/IP Port 5432
> which would cause user postgres to fail unless specifically configured in
> the pg_hba_conf file (but user postgres is really intended to use only via
> a local socket.
>
> Craig
>
>   Hi again:

   I should remenber  that there are no great differences between
development and production section in the database yml file.

> # config/database.yml
> development:
>   adapter: postgresql
>   encoding: unicode
>   database: db_album
>   pool: 5
>   username: user
>
>   And yes, I am using the same database for both environments. (maybe I
should use another database for production), but what get me confused is
that I get access to the database from any other node in the network when
rails is not the tool used.

   I shall tried with other database users and other database in this
application.

 Thanks

Felipe