On Mon, Dec 12, 2011 at 3:46 PM, gerbdla <gerb...@gmail.com> wrote:

> maybe somebody can help me with this.  I need to execute javascript on
> the server side

Why?

> format.js do
> render :update do |page|
>  page.insert_html :bottom, content_id, :partial =>
> "add_to_favorite_from_dashboard", :locals => {:object =>
> object, :favorite => favorite, :ftype => content_id}, :layout=>false
>
> #execute javascript function here
> _gaq.push(['_trackEvent',event_category ,event_label, event_action])
>
> end

In the context of a page (even partial) render, you presumably want
to include JS that will be executed on the client, yes? What do you
expect the above line to accomplish?

But if you really want to execute some JS on the server side, pull it
out of that render action and look at the Johnson gem.

HTH,
--
Hassan Schroeder ------------------------ hassan.schroe...@gmail.com
http://about.me/hassanschroeder