On 22 December 2011 10:10, Ralph Shnelvar <li...@ruby-forum.com> wrote:
> My Rails 3.1 app doesn't need to talk to any database.
>
> Nonetheless, Rails is attempting to connect to a database and failing.
> How do I prevent my app from connecting?

When you create a new app you can use the option --skip-active-record
or -O (they are the same thing, rails -h will show the options).

If you have already created the app then see
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2212709/remove-activerecord-in-rails-3-beta
for how to remove activerecord, though I have not tried this myself.

Colin