On 23 December 2011 07:07, Dharmdip Rathod <li...@ruby-forum.com> wrote:
> It's not working !

It is no good just saying it is not working, what response do you
expect from that?

Gautam Pai suggested that you read the documentation, but four minutes
later you posted your reply so I suspect you did not do that.  Go back
and read the documentation, check your code, try things in the rails
console to try and work out what the problem is.

Then if you still cannot get it to work show us the code ( just the
relevant bits in the model where you specify the validation) and some
results from saving records in the Rails Console that shows that it
does not work.

Colin

> Gomzi Pai wrote in post #1037968:
>> try :scope option in your statement
>>
>> eg:
>>
>> validates :itemcode, :uniqueness => true, :scope => :user_id
>>
>> read the documentation here
>>

> http://api.rubyonrails.org/classes/ActiveRecord/Validations/ClassMethods.html#method-i-validates_uniqueness_of
>>
>> and section 3.10 uniqueness in
>>
>> http://guides.rubyonrails.org/active_record_validations_callbacks.html