On Fri, Dec 23, 2011 at 12:28 PM, honey ruby <emailtohoneyr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> hey everyone i want to split the array.This is the out put when i
> print array "Khamar  Md,2 hrs: 5 min,Accounts,Gandhinagar" and i wanna
> split them and i want to print them in different columns in a table.
> <%x=Array.new%>
>    <%x=@late_commers.split(",")%>
> <% x.each do |late_commer|  %>
> <%end%>

This works for me.  No need to declare x as Array.new.. that's going
to happen when you assign it the value of late_commers.split

Why the late_commer.at(0) if late_commer is the value of an individual
string?  Are you sure that late_commers is a string to begin with?

irb(main):001:0> x = "This, is, a, test"
=> "This, is, a, test"
irb(main):002:0> y = x.split(",")
=> ["This", " is", " a", " test"]
irb(main):003:0> y.each do |z|