Chris Downey wrote in post #1038285:
> Does anybody know of a way to populate fixtures with seed data?  I've
> put a
> great deal of time and thought into the seeds.rb code - it sure would be
> handy to run tests on that data.  I'm hoping to not have to somehow
> duplicate seed data in the YML files.

This really doesn't make sense, in my opinion. Seed data and test data
are two separate things. Test data should be tailored specifically for
the tests you actually write. In fact I don't actually use fixture data
at all. Instead I use test data factories using a gem such as Factory
Girl.

https://github.com/thoughtbot/factory_girl_rails