OK, I think I found it and here is what the rule could look like:

rule "Repayment Code Requires Approval"
   salience 60

   when
       repaymentCode : RepaymentCode( code == "MD", matchApprv == "Y" )
       mdOutput : ModelDiscrepancyOutput( $amt1 : sumRTVQty, sumCmAndRnr ==
$amt1)
   then
       System.out.println("Repayment Code Requires Approval");
       processMDAdjustments(drools.getWorkingMemory().getQueryResults( "MD
Adjustments" ), StatusConstants.APPROVAL);
       System.out.println("mdOutput: " + mdOutput);
end

Now my question is, how does Drools handle these objects and the comparison
because the underlying objects are BigDecimal?

        repaymentCode : RepaymentCode( code == "MD", matchApprv == "Y" )
        mdOutput : ModelDiscrepancyOutput( $amt1 : sumRTVQty, $amt2 :
sumCmAndRnr)
        eval($amt1.doubleValue() == $amt2.doubleValue())
    then
        System.out.println("Repayment Code Requires Approval");
        processMDAdjustments(drools.getWorkingMemory().getQueryResults(
"MD Adjustments" ), StatusConstants.APPROVAL);
        System.out.println("mdOutput: " + mdOutput);
end

If I remember correctly, there was going to be an update to the rules
language that would allow me to eliminate the eval.  Is this true and if so
what is the syntax that accomplishes this?

Ron