heh,  can I quote this in my blog?

Actually if people want to send me their findings, don't have to mention your employers I can do this anonymously, then I'll put them all up together on the blog :)

Mark
Matt Geis wrote:
Not quite able to say who I work for, but we run a brokerage app for which we
licensed the source code.  We've been running/modding the app for the last 3
years, so it's pretty much our app now, in terms of how familiar we are with
it, and how much we've changed/tuned it.

That being said, our app had a custom rules engine, with a bloated XML
language, etc.  In evaluating Drools, I tested out commission calculation.  We
have about 40 scenarios, so I created 1000 trades of each type, put them in a
collection, and shuffled it.  Commission calculation in our old rules engine
took about 38000ms, and Drools did it in about 250ms.

So, the speed, and the fact that to download it, read the docs, write all the
rules using a DSL, and write and run the test took me only about 4 hours (never
having seen Drools before) led me to think that it merited a closer look.

Matt

____________________________________________________________________________________ Yahoo! oneSearch: Finally, mobile search that gives answers, not web links. http://mobile.yahoo.com/mobileweb/onesearch?refer=1ONXIC