I am not sure where exactly this problem lies but I can create the following
rule in a Drools project and have it execute as expected but when i use the
exact same rule in my Spring application/environment it does not work.

Within DroolsTest.java:

   Boolean performCheck = new Boolean("true");
   statefulSession.setGlobal("performCheck", performCheck);

Within the rule file:

   global java.lang.Boolean performCheck;

   rule "Display if true"
      when
         eval(performCheck)
      then
         System.out.println(performCheck);
   end

When I run DroolsTest I get the output of 'true', the value of performCheck,
as I would expect.  When I use the same rule in my Spring environment the rule
fails to execute.  I know the gloabl is getting to the rule with a value
of "true" as I have a second rule which always fires and reports the value of
performCheck.

Has anyone ever experienced this and if so did you find any solution?

Thanks in advance,
Brian Enderle