From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Mark Proctor
Sent: Wednesday, July 16, 2008 4:29 PM
To: Rules Users List
Subject: Re: [rules-users] Map using from constraint

Paul Ryan wrote:
Hi all,

Is there a way using the 'from' constraint to get the values of a map(the
implementations of java.lang.Map eg HashMap, TreeMap, etc) into a constraint
parameter, and if so can someone please give an example. Below is the way I've
been trying, without success, to get a value based on a key.
$m : Map()
MyObject(.....) from $m['key']

We support MVEL notation for the 'from' keyword.

import my.package.MyFact
import java.util.Map.Entry
rule "Find with map"
                when
                                $fact : MyFact($paramMap : paramMap)
                                $myValue : Entry(key == "mykey1") from $paramMap
                Then
// Sudo code...
                                <use $myValue.getValue()>
end

Paul Ryan
Software Architect
Product Engineering
InfoTrust Group, Inc.

[cid:image001.jpg@01C8E764.9D131B00]
500 Discovery Parkway, Suite 200
Superior, CO 80027
Office (303) 627-6528
Fax (303) 666-6711
Email [EMAIL PROTECTED]<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
WEB www.infotrustgroup.com<http://www.infotrustgroup.com/>

This e-mail and all information included herein do not constitute a legal
agreement accorded by INFOTRUST GROUP and its affiliates and subsidiaries.  All
legal agreements must be formulated in writing by a legal representative of
INFOTRUST GROUP. This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential
and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are
addressed.  If you have received this e-mail by mistake, please inform us and
destroy this e-mail and any documents it might contain.  Please note that any
views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and do
not necessarily represent those of the company. Finally, the recipient should
check this email and any attachments for the presence of viruses. The company
email.  Thank you for your cooperation.

<<inline: image001.jpg>>