>what are disadvantages and advantages of the following possibillities to to
>get access to working memory facts from outside:
Is there a reason why you want to use something other than queries?
I would suggest to use queries _unless_ you have a definitive requirement that requires something else. Queries are easy and you get constraints for free. Everything else is just work. ;-) If you need to use logicals, you also have to implement an event listener in your facts to track them properly.

Cheers
--I

Am 28.07.2008 um 15:15 schrieb thomas kukofka:

Hello again,

what are disadvantages and advantages of the following possibillities to to
get access to working memory facts from outside:

  - -uses a query:

in drl:

query "queryname"
end

in java code

queryResults results = workingMemory.getQueryResults( "queryname" );

  - -use globals that store facts:

global java.util.HashMap service
rule "XY"
   when
       f: FactX ()
   then
       ResultFact resultFact = new ResultFact();
       service.put(f.getName(), resultFact);
       insert(resultFact);
end

kind regards