On Aug 11, 2008, at 9:30 AM, Ingomar Otter wrote:

>" Typically, a rulebase would be generated and cached on first use; to save >on the continually re-generation of the Rule Base; which is expensive." Read: Cache the rulebase (the rulebase object) with a Cache mechanism of your choice.

AFAIK there is no dedicated caching mechanism in Drools per se.
This makes sense, otherwise the next person would look for cache distribution, cache synchronization in a cluster. A can of worms that should not be touched.

For example we use JBOSS TreeCache and are happy with it. This may be overkill, simpler implementations like oscache may just be fine - all depends on your requirements and deployment situation.

I've just been using a singleton for the moment, tossing it and rebuilding when the rules change. Works OK.