Folks,
we have a scenario where we are applying rules with complex in their LHS at the "end of our rule processing".

Today we just use a low salience to achieve this. Obviously, these rules are included in the pattern matching and in the agenda updates for all preceding changes to the WM. We do quite some changes to the facts during our regular processing so "unnecessary" pattern-matching/agenda updates are performed. I have looked at rule-flow, agenda-groups etc but one thing I could not figure out by studying the documentation: Which is the (best) way to exclude certain rules from pattern matching (switch them off alltogether) so that we can delay the pattern matching until the facts have stabilized?

   Cheers,
      Ingomar