Recently upgraded from Drools 4.0.7 to 5.1.0 and have imported our rules into
Guvnor.  Unable to determine why the same rules will not correctly validate
in Guvnor which prevents building a package for deployment.

Sample Rule:

salience 50
agenda-group "idia"
                when
       Root(identityRequest != null)
                then
                                logger.debug("Main - Main Data Evaluation");
                                System.out.println("Main - Main Data
Evaluation");
        drools.getWorkingMemory().setFocus("mainAnalysis");
Throws the following validation error when you select ‘Validate’:
[Main - Data Evaluation] Unable to create Field Extractor for
'identityRequest' of '[ClassObjectType
class=com.netid.idia.model.natal.rootIdentityRequest.Root]' in rule 'Main -
Data Evaluation'

Unsure why identityRequest  is failing.  There is a valid getter in the java
file and guvnor displays identityRequest in the list of attributes for
‘Root’. Oddly, if I change the when clause to be
Root(this.identityRequest != null)  it validates fine.  Did something change
between 4.0.7 and 5.1.0 that I’m missing or do I have error somewhere that
goes undetected outside the guvnor?