On 12/02/2011 16:53, Greg Barton wrote:
I'd be interested in listening in if you can webcast it.
See previous email :) probably way to unstuctured. Think of it more as pair programming mentoring, than formal teaching. Which works great with two or three people in a room together.

I could be tempted to do some remote sessions, shared desktop etc - although in reality this would be no different from our current IRC availability, where we are always willing to talk through core code with people. Remote voice can also often by very dry and boring. What I need to avoid is formal lecturing, I don't have the time to prepare for that. But I could talk through some of the classes and data structures.

I guess it depends how serious peple are out there. If there are two or three people that say they'll make time to do some core work each week, I would be willing to formalise more of the content. But I'm reluctant to do that without some quid pro quo :)

My goal from this is to help some people who have wanted to do core engine work, who have the desire, but not quite sure how to start.

Mark

GreG