Thanks for the answer. Yes, it may be easier to achieve with simple date fact
but we have thousands of rules and each and every one of them has this temporal
requirement. I was thinking along the lines of SessionClock. I know there is a
'realtime' and 'pseudoclock' implementation of it. May be I can write my own
implementation of SessionClock and set any arbitrary date passed by the user
into the knowledge session config. Then the rules attributes (@date-effective
and @date-expires) can take care of filtering out the ones not effective on the
date that I am setting in SessionClock. Am I thinking in the wrong direction?

Regards,

Faisal Shafique