Hi,

In theory, you can do it both ways. Depending on your situation, you will
have to assess which approach will be the best solution.

Regarding the fact that creation of a kbase takes some time, you will
probably want to avoid doing it multiple times per transaction or, at least,
cache them. Also, when your rules are part of a continupus flow, you
probably want only 1 kbase.

In your situation, mortgages, I assume your rules are following eachother
with no or very little interaction from the user. In that case, I think one
would normally use 1 knowledgebase.

Theoretically, multiple knowledgebases should be used when dealing with
completely different rulesets, with one ruleset not influencing the other
(or execution of ruleset one happening in a totally different timeframe as
to justify the use of another kbase).

I hope this makes it clear.

Regards,
Frank