Hi all,

I am trying out Drools with JBoss Tooling in Eclipse. Actually, much of it does
not work for me, but since there were not many complaints about that, I think
it must be due to my missing experience. But now I have a couple of things that
seem like bugs to me. (BTW, I mainly use Eclipse 3.7, but I also installed 3.6
to see whether anything is better with that - which generally it isn't. I
upgraded Jboss tools to one of the newest nightly builds which I do not like,
but only that solved the issue that the rules language dialects could not be
found. I am using drools 5.2.0)

I gave up on the Audit trail which always said "The selected audit log is
empty..." (but it isn't and this should have been resolved two years ago
according to some mails, but I simply avoid using that view).

What bothers me most is that the Excel Plugin shows really erratic behavior in
my Eclipse (both versions of eclipse). It opens the Excel file once (I
converted to Excel 2003 (*.xls) from my newer version), but on the second time
it says "Cannot create the in-place editor Reason: This is probably because
there is no OLE editor registered against the type of file you were trying to
access" Details say: File does not exist, is not accessible to user or does not
have the correct format. result=-2147287008.) Sometimes later on it will work
again, sometimes it won't and Excel complains about another Application needing
to complete its OLE requests (until I shut it down using task manager since
there is no alternative since it does not accept any input anymore). Sometimes
even saving changes fails, leaving a corrupt file. Is that common behavior that
others experience as well or is it just a local configuration issue? (Usually,
I have no issues with my installation and I am not aware of configuring
anything apart from using the Eclipse update sites.)

Thanks in advance for any hints,

Andreas