Patrik: thx for your feedback. Did you get the chance to run your rule using
Expert only without Planner? I just did that (wrote a test program to change
my planning entity values and update the StatefulKnowledgeSession few times
in row) and I came up with the same currupted result.

Geoffrey: thx for looking at my stuff. I still have the same issue with the
rule modified not to use collect (that's how it was actually written
originally. I later used Collect to be able to add the collection itself as
a cause to the logical insert, thinking that would solve my issue).

I am still wondering: the nurse example is far more complicated that what I
am trying to accomplish with my simple test case, and still it runs fine.