Hello,

I wanted to do a quick straw poll to ask whether we still need a lambda expression, given that we have blocks and named functions? Searching the rust code base, I found that *every* use of lambda was of the form: |let foo = lambda(...) {...}| which would (in my opinion) be better written: |fn foo(...) {...}|.

I am not asking because I like stripping out unused expression forms, though I do, but rather because I am thinking about the precise design for unique closures (separate e-mail coming soon) and the fewer ways to declare closures the simpler the job becomes.

Niko