Hi,

I've been a lurker on this list for a little while now.  Just thought I'd
point out that the solution to this in Haskell is the 'kind' system, see
http://www.haskell.org/onlinereport/decls.html#sect4.1.1.  The equivalent
of the line 'impl of foo<uint> for uint' would cause an error that foo
requires a type with kind '* -> *'.  Higher kinded types have turned out to
be useful in Haskell.  If you were to try to implement monads in Rust you'd
want to something along the following lines:

iface monad<A> {
    fn bind<B>(fn (A -> self<B>)) -> self<B>;
}

I'm not advocating either way on this in terms of the complexity tradeoff
for adding a kind system, just pointing out that it's what you'd need to
make the current system work and it's not completely crazy to want that
flexibility out of the type system.

Dave