On 4/24/2012 10:59 AM, Benjamin Striegel wrote:
Here's a summary of Go's subcommands, which could be useful for a
starting point:

Not intending to throw more fuel on the Rust vs. Go fire, but they do
have a lot of good ideas! :)

Thanks! Handy to see but I'm not sure which principles fall out of that list aside from "all the tools that got written previously, now under one tool interface!"

No need to consider go's competitive existence a fire to put fuel on; they're sufficiently different projects that they can peacefully coexist and just copy good ideas. We copy ideas from lots of languages. Everyone does.

-Graydon