On Wed, Oct 10, 2012 at 6:01 PM, Sebastian Sylvan
<sebastian.syl...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I really can't stress enough what a force multipler it is to write
> code in an IDE with powerful code completion for someone who has
> internalized it into their workflow. I know real men use VIM etc., but
> I'm secure enough to admit that I am  more productive in the actual
> coding phase using C# with Intellisense in VS than Haskell + Emacs or
> whatever, even though I recognize that on language merit alone it
> should be the other way around by far. Tooling matters so much these
> days. Arguably more than a lot of language semantics, and certainly
> more than worrying about slight syntactic redundancy, IMO.

Hey folks, two moderation-ish notes:

1. "Real men use VIM etc..." excludes women. We have Rust developers
who aren't men, so please don't assume otherwise. I know it's just a
joke, not intended to be sexist, etc., so there's no need to say that.
Just don't do it again.

2. This discussion is getting a bit far from specifics of how to
improve Rust. Please take it elsewhere. If there is interest, we may
start a rust-cafe list in the vein of haskell-cafe for off-topic-ish
discussions (or, in fact, anybody could, on Google Groups). But for
now, please try to keep discussions on this list narrowly focused.

Cheers,
Tim

--
Tim Chevalier * http://catamorphism.org/ * Often in error, never in doubt
'Wouldn't you rather be anything other than the kid who runs around