I've added scope to macros on my personal branch, and it immediately heightens
the need for splicing item macros. Paul, I know you've thought about this a
couple of times. I see two obvious solutions.

1) enrich "fold" to make it possible to return multiple items in some contexts.
2) add a "group" form--much like a block--that's silently flattened by the
expander.

I think I'm leaning toward #2, because it immediately works for pattern-based
macros, rather than requiring a special "this is multiple forms" annotation.

Thoughts?

John