On Thu, Apr 11, 2013 at 2:58 PM, Alexander Stavonin <a.stavo...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi!
> I'm going to create Rust installation package for Mac OS X. Right now you
> can find the installer there:
> http://www.sysdev.me/public/RustInstaller.pkg.zip
> But... I've build the installer on 10.8 and when I'm running it on 10.7
> result is:
>
> Segmentation fault: 11
>
> Is it possible to build Rust on 10.8 and run it on other 10.x systems?

That's a fair question.  A Mach-O binary has a load command that specifies
the minimum version of OS X it supports, and is settable by Apple's
gcc/clang front end by passing the flag -mmacosx-version-min.  I don't know
what level of control we are given by rustc for such things, so I'm
interested in the answer to this as well.