So, I went back to MinGW and managed to get a compiler chain for Windows 7
64bit working with mingw64 and using MingGW / Msys and additionally I was
able to get the Wget gui to actually work correctly... so in essence,
Windows users will have a nice gui like interface to install the Unix tools
they need for the compiler chain.  In the Msys terminal window, you just
type "mingw-get" and it launches the gui.

The only thing that is not packaged up in the gui as a mouse click away is
the actual headers and CRT for Mingw64 for gcc to use.  The headers/CRT is
currently a separate download and has to be unzipped into the C:\MinGW
folder.

LLVM seemed to get built just fine under Release+Asserts it says.

Libuv is a different matter... it can't find uv.h for whatever dasterdly
reason, even though it is sitting right there under its foot

C:/MinGW/msys/1.0/home/Thad/rust/src/libuv/include/uv-private  (folder)
C:/MinGW/msys/1.0/home/Thad/rust/src/libuv/include/uv.h  (file)

Here's the paste and asking the community for help on what next  ? ..

http://pastebin.mozilla.org/2375997

--
-Thad
http://www.freebase.com/view/en/thad_guidry