Hi,

On 2013.07.06 10:37:49 -0500, Tommy M. McGuire wrote:
> Previous runs took approximately 6 seconds, but the 0.7 build is 1)
> taking about 35 seconds and 2) very variable, since rebuilding it and
> sometimes just running it several more times results in smaller run
> times of ~22 seconds. Further, inserting some println's to look at what
> was taking so long reduced the run time to about 9 seconds.
>
> It is not limited to that particular program; other versions seem to be
> affected as well, including anagrams-hashmap-mmap, which was just
> recently run with a post-incoming-change build of the master branch. (5
> seconds vs. 11 seconds.)

I can't seem to reproduce that (with a build of the current master).
Maybe I'm doing something wrong? What I did was downloading the
necessary source files, then:

rustc -O combinations.rs
rustc -O mmap.rs
rustc -O -L . anagrams-hashmap.rs
rustc -O -L . anagrams-hashmap-mmap.rs
rust run mk_anadict.rs

The generated dictionary has 161642 lines. Results:

doener@atjola:rust-play $ time ./anagrams-hashmap wachsames
27

real    0m0.686s
user    0m0.672s