On 13-07-30 10:17 AM, Patrick Walton wrote:
On 7/30/13 10:05 AM, Graydon Hoare wrote:
Trickier call. We don't allow type ascription inside patterns, only at
the outermost level. I think we found that our grammars were
sufficiently similar that intermixing them inside one another produced
ambiguities, though I don't remember off hand which one. Possibly the
ambiguity between "{<field_name>:<pat>}" and "{<field_name>:<ty>}".

I actually don't think there's an ambiguity here any longer; type
ascription inside patterns seems like a useful feature to me.

Really? How would you resolve it? You have to decide after seeing "{x:" which grammar to switch into parsing. Currently we go with the pattern grammar there.

-Graydon