In a practical manner, I would say that Go is production ready whilst Rust
still has some way to go (!). Rust 1.0 is approaching, but is not there
yet, and there are still syntax/semantic questions being examined and lots
of work on the runtime... not to mention the lack of libraries (compared to
Go) largely due to the language still not being finalized.

I believe Rust could supplant Go (I see nothing in Go that Rust cannot do)
and cast a much wider net, but first it has to mature.

-- Matthieu