On Sat, Oct 19, 2013 at 2:33 PM, Jerry Morrison <jhm...@gmail.com> wrote:

> So with a suitable library, real-time threads can avoid garbage collection
> pauses. Can it enforce linking to this library for all the code it calls, or
> else arrange for the standard GC memory allocator to  fail!()  if it
> accidentally called?

There's no dynamic checking needed; you just need to include the
#[deny(managed_heap_memory)] attribute in the crate file. (There's
also a way to do the same thing with a command-line flag.) This will
result in a compile-time failure if any code might use garbage
collection (including code in external libraries that's called by your
code).

Cheers,
Tim

--
Tim Chevalier * http://catamorphism.org/ * Often in error, never in doubt
"Being queer is not about a right to privacy; it is about the freedom