Hi,

This is my first post to the list. Had been playing with Rust for the
past one week and it is very nice so far. I hope this is the list for
"users" of Rust as well (as opposed to developers of Rust). I
apologise if it is the wrong place to ask newbie questions..

I am trying to follow the documentation on std::path and am trying to
create a path, just like it is described in the documentation:

<http://static.rust-lang.org/doc/master/std/path/index.html>

use std::path;

fn main() {
    let mut path = Path::new("/tmp/path");
}

When I compile, I get this error:

$ rustc path.rs
path.rs:4:19: 4:28 error: unresolved name `Path::new`.
path.rs:4     let mut path = Path::new("/tmp/path");
                             ^~~~~~~~~
error: aborting due to previous error

I tried to use std::Path as well but that gives me the same error message.

FYI, this is rust 0.8 compiled from source. Any help to move forward
will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

--
  Ramakrishnan