On 12/30/2013 06:25 PM, Patrick Walton wrote:
The basic way pointers and traits work are not changing at this point,
unless some unsoundness is found. Remaining effort beyond what's on the
roadmap is going to focus on documentation.

If you believe the language will fail unless we radically change either
one, then all I can say is that I disagree, and I'm sorry Rust is not
the language for you.

Patrick

Would it make sense to finalize Rust-the-language 1.0 and keep libstd in flux? It would give a head start to IDE writers and help shake the feeling of "oh god, I have to fix all my code again".